schooling in the UK
Specialists in private schools in the UK
The British education system is considered among the best in the world. It preserves its traditions that have been its hallmark without forgetting modernity and the taste for trendsetting. The coexistence with native children during a term or academic year in an English boarding school supposes a total immersion in the English culture and an excellent learning of the language.
The United Kingdom has more than 500 boarding schools, all of them with magnificent facilities and varied sports, artistic and cultural offerings. Therefore, choosing the right school for your child can be a complex and daunting task.
Our job is to help you find the school which best meets your requirements and best fits the student’s profile, facilitating everything related to the process: school selection, registration process, compiling relevant documentation, buying uniforms, planning of logistics, as well as follow-up of the student during their stay abroad, until returning home. We treat your children as if they were ours and we will offer you a highly personalized service.
Why choose a boarding school with us?
- We offer a personal and individualized service: we will assist you throughout the whole process so that you find the school that best fits your child’s profile.
- High quality service: each of our services is provided with the utmost attention to detail, passion and care, and with the guarantee of delivering excellence.
- Local support: we have local offices in England and Spain.
- Local “guardian” service: an essential requirement from schools for any foreign students with no relatives in the UK.
- We provide Homestay placements, when possible, with reliable local host families to cover exeats and half terms
- We offer Optional guided visits to the schools, highly advisable in order to make the final decision.
Types of private schools
The English educational system is different from the Spanish system and has features that one should be aware of before making a decision.
Private schools differ from one another: some may be co-educational or single-sex, with different religious orientations, specialise in art, technology or sport, require a uniform or not and so on. They have a small number children per class, usually between 10 and 20.
It is important to know that it is quite difficult to find a school that offers all courses. That is, it is quite common for a student to go to a prep school in the first phase (up to 1st year of secondary school) and, after passing exams, entering a senior school for the rest of their education.
Prep Schools: Year 5 – Year 8 (from 4th year of elementary school to 1st year of secondary school)
As their name indicates, Prep Schools prepare children for entry into secondary schools or Senior Schools.
Prep Schools are traditionally smaller private English schools with a student body ranging anywhere from 100 to 375 students. In this way, students tend to integrate with greater ease and feel protected at all times. The youngest children receive special attention and education specially conceived for them, helping them to adapt.
Senior Schools: Year 7/Year 9 to Year 13 (from 6th grade of primary or 2nd of secondary to 2nd of baccalaureate)
Senior Schools are traditionally selective British boarding schools of medium or large size (200-950 students) where students continue with their studies and prepare for admission to university. They are usually equipped with world-class facilities for art, theater, mathematics, science, sports, or DT (Design Technology), among other extracurricular activities.
* Some senior schools accept students from courses higher than prep school (6th of primary and 1st of secondary). Thus, by choosing such a school, children can benefit from better facilities and a wider variety of extra-curricular activities.
If you want to find a school or boarding school in the United Kingdom, please fill out our form so we can start looking for right one and propose different alternatives.
Studying a year in England will make a difference
The benefits are multiple and among many, we highlight the following:
- Linguistic and cultural immersion is total: the student is immersed in the language 24 hours a day. It is the best and most effective way to learn and master a language.
- A unique experience: it helps open doors, provides new opportunities, friendships and experiences. It also helps increase self-esteem, tolerance and mutual respect, which are so necessary in our lives.
- Experiencing a different and very creative educational system can be very stimulating: sports programs and extracurricular activities are very extensive in all schools, and represent avenues for developing new talents and skills, an authentic opportunity for students.
- Provides personal enrichment: students have to face new situations without the direct support of their families, which helps them to acquire a high degree of self-sufficiency and maturity.
It is important to keep in mind that most of these schools are in great demand, and have a limited number of places. Therefore, it is strongly advised that parents begin the search process at least 2 years in advance.
The age we recommend is from 10 to 13 years, however, you can study the possibility of sending a child at any age.